Greetings and welcome to Term 2 at St Joseph’s College. I hope all our students enjoyed their first week back at the college after resting and recharging during the school holidays.

Introduction

Kindly allow me to introduce myself. My name is Greg Kluske, and I am the new Principal of St Joseph’s College.

My career in education spans more than forty years. I have devoted all that time to improving the learning outcomes of the students at St Joseph’s College. I originally joined the college in 1983 as a Geography, History, and English teacher and worked my way up to the role of Deputy Principal Learning and Teaching before successfully applying to become College Principal.

Mildura is my home. I began my family here and have lived in this fantastic region for more than four decades. My family connection with St Joseph’s College stretches back over half a century.

I feel proud and humbled to have been entrusted with the legacy of learning and tradition of excellence left to the college by the Sisters of Mercy. My close connection to Sunraysia and length of service at the college give me a unique insight into the needs of our learning community and equip me to lead the college into the future.

I look forward to working with college staff, families, and students to ensure that St Joseph’s College continues to grow while staying true to our Mercy heritage.

Week 1

While most students began the first week of the new term at the college, some of our students and staff travelled to Melbourne for VCE Subject Camps. Students studying VCE VM, VCE Physical Education, VCE Visual Communication and Design, and VCE Italian spent their days visiting exhibitions, participating in seminars and workshops, and learning more about their chosen subjects.

Each evening, they enjoyed time spent together over meals before attending an AFL match, a performance of the musical ‘Wicked’, and more. All four groups arrived back in Mildura in the afternoon on Friday 19 April. Everyone looked as though they had a great time on their camps as you can see from the photos at the end of this post.

Term 2 Events

The second term of the school year is always an exciting time at St Joseph’s College. Following our solemn observance of Anzac Day, students strive to bring glory to their Houses in the Cross Country Carnival. In May, we honour our patron saint, St Joseph the Worker, during a feast day Mass and fun activities. Later in the term, the Year 8 Grampians Camp and the Year 12 Anglesea Retreat allow those respective cohorts to bond and make memories that will last them a lifetime.

I look forward to sharing these and more scenes from life at the college over the coming weeks.

Next week, the college will be closed on the Anzac Day public holiday, and Friday 26 April will be a home study day for students.

In the spirit of hope and faith,

Mr Greg Kluske
College Principal

Empowering Experiences
Shining Together
Shining Together
Shining Together
Shining Together
Principal’s Blog – Term Two, Week Four

Principal’s Blog – Term Two, Week Four

A positive relationship between school and home gives students the best chance of achieving high learning outcomes. At St Joseph’s College, we involve parents and caregivers in their child’s education because we know the value of their contribution to overall student...

Principal’s Blog – Term Two, Week Three

Principal’s Blog – Term Two, Week Three

A St Joseph’s College Catholic education offers more than boundless possibilities to young people. Our curriculum, co-curriculum, and Mercy Core Values come together to create experiences that educate the ‘whole person’ by helping students grow emotionally, socially,...

Principal’s Blog – Term Two, Week Two

Principal’s Blog – Term Two, Week Two

Anzac Day, while a solemn observance, is also a celebration of the courageous Anzac spirit that endures to this day. Our community honoured the memory and sacrifice of all who have served and continue to serve in the Australian Defence Force at three ceremonies this...